Well, things turned out pretty okay during alpha testing. Christie was nice enough to sacrifice her webspace for the time being so that we could test the site live on the web as opposed to simply being a local file on the hard drive. We wanted the real experience. Most things went without a hitch. I was most pleased that the jquery worked universally on both mac and pc.
DIV sizes need to be tweaked, as we want the site to NOT scroll when the viewer is at 1024x768. The site looks beautiful at 800x600, but when I look at it at a smaller resolution, I do 1024x768, because I see that as a minimum safe size for good resolution. Little things such as fixing the color of one of my links, and tweaking font sizes are among my chief concerns.
The two largest problems were found in Internet Explorer (because it's a garbage web browser). First off, the fonts refused to work on that. A solution to that is being explored at the moment. The biggest problem was in the form of some photos that simply would not show up in IE, the browser saying that the files did not exist while we were staring at them in firefox and on the mac. The problem ended up being in the color mode the pics were saved in. APPARENTLY, IE cannot handle CMYK photos. (I put this huge, so that you, my readers, who are more prone to glance than read, will know of this flaw.) Thanks to Phil's suggestion, I changed those to RGB, and BAM. All was fixed. As if nothing was ever wrong. STUPID BROWSER!
Anyhoo, home stretch! Can't wait for beta testing :)
Thanks for head sup on the CMYK issue! Especially gad you guys found this now than later. Hoorah for aplha testing!
ReplyDelete