Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Minor updates


As before, when you hover over a link, the white text changes to pink. So, I guess the biggest update to the functionality of the site was trying to figure out how to indicate to the viewer what page he/she is on. I didn't want to clutter things up with titles and stuff, given the format I've chosen for the portfolio site. So, my solution was to play with Angelica's notion of throwing splashes of color onto the site. My solution was to highlight the page name that you are on in yellow. The example I'm using best exemplifies that, given the page's multi-layeredness.

Excelsior!

3 comments:

  1. personaly im not crazy about yellow on black, but i would do what your client wants... perhaps you can suggest repacing the hover with an image like an isotype of a shirt to hover when your mouse goes over the word, i dont know just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the diagonal background a whole bunch! Wahoo! I am not crazy about the giant leading between the Design links, but I think that might just be a personal thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cristina about the leading. Maybe the work links are a little big also...it takes some of the focus off of the work. But I love the layout and it looks really clean and easy to navigate. :D

    ReplyDelete